In the new, emerging Downtown
San Jose, we at First Presbyterian Church - San Jose
seek to be a multi-cultural, inter-generational faith
community, providing hope and strength to those living
and working in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Although we are not a large congregation, we are a
loving, welcoming, close-knit one. We strive to be
thought of as “the little church with a big heart”.
As a community of Christians, members and friends
of First Presbyterian Church appreciate the importance
of mutual support as we journey and grow in faith.
Equipped by God with differing spiritual gifts, together
we represent a part of the greater Body of Christ as
we serve one another, the community and world beyond
as Jesus commands.
This is a continually evolving process using different
resources including Bible study, worship, prayer groups
and focused discussion series concerning topical issues
regarding faith and social justice.
Read our September newsletter
- Sunday, Sept. 14: Change for Change coin collection for our new Women’s Gathering Place.
- Sunday, Sept. 21: Pastor Sharon’s 30th Anniversary of her ordination!
- Sunday, Oct. 5: World Wide Communion Sunday and Peacemaking Offering
- Sunday, Oct. 12: Pet Blessing
- Sunday, Nov. 9: PC’s 165th Anniversary Celebration
- Sunday, Nov. 30: Next 5th Sunday
We need your help with our Front Door Lunch Bag ministry.